I have been writing for years now, but in 1996
I had some success in being published. I wrote a motorcycle
column for "The Scotsman" newspaper from 1996 to 1998,
and I have reproduced some of the better pieces here. I then
contributed to a magazine called "Bike Rider Scotland"
so I enclose those too, plus some assorted scribblings and short
stories of mine. Latterly I have been helping to get a new biking
website off the ground www.motobykz.co.uk so there
are a few pieces from there too. The photography is all my own
original work too. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to drop me an
e-mail with your comments.
"BIKE RIDER SCOTLAND"
- Goodbye Softail -
A ride on the last of
the Evo Softy's, before the Twin Cam 88 takes over.
- Baby Monster -
Honda's 250cc attempt
at a junior Duke
As Yet Unpublished
Distance Prawns - Well it's
obvious isn't it? A cold wet day and a Porsche! (Never
Previously Published) (Feb 2002
M2 Cyclone - Mike Tyson with
wheels! (Never Previously Published)
- BMW R 100 RS - Oldies are best. (Never Previously Published)
- Harley Davidsons - Do they put cocaine in them somewhere? 'cos
they're addictive! (Never Previously Published)
R1200GS - Faster isn't always
better. (Never Previously Published)
The BMW Journal
- R1200C Cruiser - Brunhilde gets
- R65LS - In the clearing stands a Boxer (apologies to
Simon & Garfunkel)
Own Back Yard - It's nice to go
From My Archives
- Mirror, Mirror - Sod off Scully, I discovered aliens years
before you did. I even know some of them personally!
- Expo 92, The Liggers
Guide - A strange tale of the
Spain you don't see on the package tours
- Honda CRX - One of the great misunderstood cars of our
time. Well I think so!
- Porsche 911
- My first ever drive in the icon. Not what I expected.
- At last, I ride a 'Wing
All content here copyright to John R